Monday 1 February 2016

We're Engaged! Our Proposal Story | Wedding Bells

No comments:
 
Some big news happened this weekend, and I couldn't wait to share it with all of you: Tyler and I are engaged! I am so grateful for all of you who reached out after my sneak peek on snapchat with your well wishes and congratulations, and I'm excited to be able to capture and share this next step in our journey on the blog for both you and I!
I don't think I've ever mentioned this, but Tyler and I live around an hour apart, which has probably been the toughest part of our relationship because it takes quite a bit of planning to decide where we will be spending our free time. This weekend I had planned to be at home because I was taking my Grandma out to see the theatre in the city. I had stayed with her Friday and Saturday, but Tyler lured me back across the city for Sunday by saying that we were going to look at some puppies. If you know me at all, that was the perfect ruse!

After church, we headed to the "breeder" but had some time before the appointment, so we headed to a nearby pier that I had always loved walking. It was actually where he took me on one of our first dates, and was where we got the first photo of us as a couple. It had been raining a bit before we arrived, but when we got out to the pier it was just a little bit of mist and the most amazing sky. 
It seriously looked like a sunrise or sunset in the middle of the day! I had brought my camera to take some photos of the puppies, and was busy snapping away as we walked down to the end of the pier. Tyler took over the camera and told me to look out at the water for a photo, and when I turned around he was down on one knee asking me to marry him. It was so beautiful and special, it will be a day I never forget.
The rest of the day was a whirlwind, telling all our friends and family that are spread out across the country. I'm not the type of girl that's had my wedding planned out in my head, and am typically not so great at making decisions, so I really have no idea where to begin. I humbly ask for your prayers any would be so grateful for any advice!

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment