Wednesday 3 February 2016

Loving Lately | January Favourites

No comments:
 
January is typically one of my least favourite months of the year, but between a tropical vacation and big life news, this month has to be my favourite January ever! I received a number of makeup related gifts for Christmas, which led to plenty of amazing new discoveries for me this month in the beauty world. So, let's get cracking!

Beauty Blender | This one completely surprised me, because I've been in a very happy relationship with my Real Techniques sponge for over a year. I had always wondered if the original was really any different, and I have to say sadly I think it is. There is something about the material that really helps blend liquids/creams without absorbing a ton of product. I've been storing mine in a recycled David's Tea tin, which is the perfect size wet or dry, travel friendly, and the lid makes for a great mixing palette when I'm combining foundations!

Sephora Solid Brush Cleaner | Which brings me to this product, which has made me dread cleaning my brushes SO much less. It's quick and easy to swirl brushes or sponges on the product, and it comes with a mini scrubbing pad which really helps work in the cleanser and get rid of all the dirt and grime even in dense foundation brushes. Just rinse & go, no dry hands or hours spent at the sink!

Sephora Mud Mask | I've been on the hunt for this mask since the fall but it was always out of stock, finally I got my hands on it and now I see what all the hype is about! It makes my face feel extremely clean without the dry, tight feeling post-rinse that I've felt from most other clay masks. I haven't had any significant breakouts all month long!

Coconut Beautifying Oil + Sibu Moisturizing Lotion | I spoke about both of these already in my post on banishing dry winter skin, but the combination has been pure heaven on my legs this winter. I've been swimming in chlorine pools multiple times a week so my legs have needed a little TLC, and this combo has given me the softest skin I've ever had! 

Smashbox Primer Water | It's hard for me to put my finger on what this product actually does, but somehow when I use it my makeup just looks better. On top of that it smells and feel great to apply, which is likely why I've gone through over half of the travel size in just over a month!

Dream Smoothe Mousse | I've fallen in love with this all over again since coming back from vacation. The texture is so light it feels like you're wearing nothing on the skin, but the coverage is amazing!

Laura Mercier Matte Radiance | I wasn't big on the fuss of highlighting on an everday basis until I discovered this powder. It gives the most beautiful glow to the skin without looking chunky or over the top in the slightest. I've been wearing it basically every day since I first tried it!

Did you kick off 2016 with any new product discoveries?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment