Wednesday 30 December 2015

The Hit List 2015 | Skincare Favourites

No comments:
 

Another year is quickly coming to a close and that means it's time to kick off my Hit List series for 2015 - rounding up all of the standout products of the year, starting out with my must have skincare items. This category has grown quite a bit from last year so let's get cracking!


Face


New Appearances:

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask | This mask may seem pretty boring, but it does incredible things for my skin. It was a lifesaver during our harsh winter last year and I kept loving it through the rest of the year for instantly making my face feel soft, smooth and hydrated.

Mario Bedescu Buffering Lotion | I've loved the Drying Cream for quite some time, but the Buffering Lotion was new to me this summer. I love that it's light and invisible and seems to do well with cystic acne which I was struggling more with in late summer/fall. It makes a difference without over drying, and I could wear it during the daytime under makeup which nudges it slightly over the Drying Cream. 

FAB Eye Duty Triple Remedy | This took the top spot for day eye cream this year without question. I don't have particularly puffy eyes so I can't vouch for that aspect, but it is definitely very hydrating and the peachy tone is amazing for helping conceal darkness before concealer. To see it in action you can check out my "No Makeup" Makeup look for how I use it even on lazy days!

RapidLash | My natural lashes have never looked better than in the past year when I started using this growth serum. Since I have hooded eyes, the longer and more full my lashes look, the better my makeup looks in general. I'm not one to fuss too often with false lashes so having great natural lashes has done wonders to improve my confidence with minimal makeup. I can see why people splash out for eyelash extensions! 

Repeat Winners:


These products all kept their top spots from last year and are staples in my daily routine. I'm sure you've heard me go on about them many times but if you want more information, you can read all about them in last years skincare Hit List.

Body


This year there is a whole crop of new product winners in the body category!

Vaseline Spray & Go Moisturizer | I've mentioned a few times that I can be super lazy when it comes to moisturizing but it's an essential step for my skincare routine. The spray format and quick dry of this lotion have made it easily my most used of the year. Even though it is quick to absorb it still leaves the skin feeling comfortable and soft, and doesn't irritate my sensitive legs.

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil | This is shower oil is my #1 favourite body product discovery of the year. The feel of this cleanser is unlike anything I've ever tried and leaves my skin feeling heavenly. It is pricey but I've had this bottle since the summer and it's still going strong, which is 100% worth the price to me!

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub | Exfoliation is a big part of my shower routine, and you just can't beat when you get the best of both worlds in performance and price. The Tree Hut scrubs are just the right amount of grit without being too harsh, rinse clean without any sort of residue, and all smell incredible for just over $5.

What were your skincare standouts for the year?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment