Thursday 13 August 2015

TeaToxes - Do They Really Work? {Purgo Tea Review}

No comments:
 
You may have heard me say it a few times before, but tea is almost always my drink of choice. Over the past few years I've heard of quite a few detox teas, but I had never tried one myself, so when Purgo Tea reached out to me to see if I was interested in reviewing their TeaTox I jumped at the chance to see if it actually produced results.
The Purgo Teatox is a 14-day program that suggests drinking a cup of their Morning Detox tea before breakfast every morning, and a cup of the Evening Cleanse every other night before bed. The claims are as follows:

"The Purgo Teatox System works with your body, not against it. There's no harsh laxatives or fasting. Just two all-natural and gluten-free blends that leverage nature's most powerful herbal ingredients. It's an enjoyable and delicious way to cleanse, boost metabolism and reduce bloating."
  
If you are not typically a herbal tea drinker, or prefer sweet tasting teas then these might take a bit of getting used to. I actually prefer my teas unsweetened, but the Morning Detox might have benefitted from a little bit of honey or agave to balance out the more bitter taste. The Evening Cleanse, however, I really loved the taste of as is. I think it might be the hint of Key Lime that did it for me, since that is one of my favourite flavours.
In terms of results, the biggest difference I noticed was reduced bloating- especially after drinking the evening tea. Bloating is something I deal with on a regular basis, especially during that time of the month, and the Evening Cleanse immediately soothed my stomach and made me feel more comfortable. That was pretty huge to me! In terms of energy levels, I didn't really notice too much of a difference. If you are a regular coffee or black tea drinker, I might not expect the same results as you might get with caffeine.

As someone who typically waits until I'm at the office for my first cup of tea, and also wakes up super hungry (and usually running late, let's be honest) it was a bit difficult for me to remember to wait to eat before finishing my morning tea. However, if you are already in the regular routine of drinking tea or coffee in the morning, this system would easily fit into your lifestyle.
Overall, I enjoyed the experience of the Purgo Teatox and almost wish I could buy the Evening Cleanse separately to keep on hand because of the amazing immediate results. You can use the code "beautifulteatox" for 5% off your order if you would like to try it out for yourself!

Have you ever tried a detox teas? What were your results?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment