Tuesday 25 August 2015

Metallic Midnight | Summer Makeup

No comments:
 
I thought I'd switch things up a bit and start the week out with a makeup look I fell in love with while playing around with some products for my my next Colour Story post - any guesses which colour is coming down the pipeline? The combination of the foiled rose gold and midnight blue were a match made in heaven, perfect for the last of the summer nights. Linking up the The Makeup Mix-Up!

EYES | After laying down a primer, I patted L'Oreal Amber Rush all over the lid for a foiled effect. To deepen up the outer corner I feathered a little bit of MAC Bronze in towards the outer third of the eye. To blend I used my trusty UD Naked.

For liner, I used an angled brush and the L'Oreal Silkisimme liner in Plum to create a sharp wing and line the upper waterline, then blended NYX Morocco (no longer sold, but this colour is almost identical) over top to bring out more dimension of the blue-purple tones. Top it off with curled lashes and tons of Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara and you're done!


FACE | The rest of my makeup includes:
Loreal Infalliable Foundation mixed with Garnier BB Cream for Combo Skin
Maybelline Age Rewind Brightener
Revlon Nearly Naked Powder
NYX Micro Brow in Taupe
NARS Laguna Bronzer
Tarte Exposed Blush

LIPS | NARS Dolce Vita Lipstick

The overall effect is subtle enough to not look overdone, but definitely catches the light and draws attention to the eyes. I think deep blue liner might be my new favourite thing! Have you ever tried an indigo liner? I'm on the lookout for a liquid version next!
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment