Thursday 23 July 2015

Colour Story - Olive

No comments:
 
It's time for another Colour Story post! This round we're talking green, specifically olive - a colour I don't have a ton of in my collection, but after playing around with it will definitely be on the lookout for more.
This shade of green is actually so flattering, and plays so well with neutrals that it can be easy to slip into your normal routine even if you're colour shy.

THE PRODUCTS

Wet N Wild Comfort Zone | If you don't already own this palette, I highly recommend heading to your drugstore to sell out the total $5 for it. Not only do you get a bunch of everyday neutrals, the greens are stunning and pack a serious punch in the pigment department.
NYX Silde-On Eyeliner in Golden Olive | I actually get a ton of use out of this pencil - probably more than any other coloured eye pencil I own. The formula is easy to blend and smudge, but then sets to last all day. 

Wet N Wild Single Shadow in Envy | This is a deeper, darker green with gold undertones that straddles the line between olive and forest depending on what you pair with it. If you like smokey eyes, this would be a great shade for a twist on a neutral smokey look.

THE LOOK

EYES | After priming my eyes, I used the NYX Golden Olive Pencil on the centre of the lid as a base for the shadows and blended it out with my fingers. I used the bronze "Crease" shade from the Comfort Zone palette on the inner and outer corners of the lid, and connected them in the crease surrounding the NYX base. I used Urban Decay Naked to blend out the crease and the lower lash line, and MAC Brule to blend to the brown bone. I packed on the olive "Eyelid" shade from the Comfort Zone palette to the centre of the lid with my finger, then used the MAC 217 to feather out the edges. I skipped liner so that the olive could be seen when my eyes were open and used my Jordana Best Lash Extreme to give my lashes some drama. 

FACE | Since this is a pretty dramatic look I kept the rest of the face pretty natural. I used the NYC Sunny Bronzer on my temples, lightly on the cheeks and down the neck to give a warmth to the face, and used a clear balm on the lips
If you haven't already, make sure you check out the last two posts in this series dedicated to Coral and Purple tones! 

Do you have any favourite olive green products?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment