Friday 5 June 2015

Trash Talk - May Empties

No comments:
 
Happy Friday friends! I've had a pretty crazy week. I've been offered a promotion at work that involves moving to a new team and I'm both really excited a little nervous about taking this next step. It'll be a big change but I'm looking forward to the challenge! That being said, I'll be trying my very best to keep on a regular posting schedule, but at the moment I'm going to be essentially doing two jobs on top of my volunteering so bear with me for the next few weeks as I get myself situated and figure out how to balance everything. Prayers and good vibes always appreciated!

Now that that's out of the way, lets get on to the rest of this post - what ended up in the bin this month, and what I really think about it!
Joico Daily Care Balancing Conditioner | I received a set of the Daily Care shampoo & conditioner for Christmas one year, and when I first tried them out wasn't all that excited by them. However, like the shampoo (which I finished ages ago) the conditioner eventually found its place in my routine. It's a very simple, super light conditioner which I didn't love for my ends, but actually used for my roots if I found my hair was feeling particularly dry. I would use just a little bit and massage into the top section of my hair and it instantly would feel much more soft and manageable

Recommendation? I don't think this is a must have, but I might purchase it again if I find my hair feels like it needs a little TLC.

Dove Pure Care Dry Oil Conditioner | I bought this after hearing heaps of great reviews, and really liked it when I first started using it. It was very moisturizing and really helped tame frizz when I wore my hair in it's natural state. However, the smell is very strong and I pretty soon got tired of it, and for some reason it seemed to stop working in my hair like it did when I first bought it. I ended up using it mostly as a shaving cream for my legs so I could get through the bottle.

Recommendation? The scent was just too strong for me, so I would not repurchase. I'm in the market for a new moisturizing drugstore conditioner, so if you have any recommendations I'd love to know!

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub | The sugar crush scent is one of my all time favourite fragrances, so I loved using this scrub. It didn't leave any sort of film behind which I liked, and it was just abrasive enough to get the job done, so it was it was my favourite to use in my pre-tan routine. At $20 however, it's pretty pricey for a scrub and I'm not sure there was anything else very unique about it besides the scent.

Recommendation? I would definitely repurchase this scrub if I could find it on sale, but I'm thinking I might just stick with the body butter and get my $5 scrub favourite another purchase next.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Shades 117 & 125 | I loved this foundation a few years ago, hence why I bought it in both my winter and summer colours. I mostly saved it for nights out or special occasions because it was both expensive and didn't contain any SPF so it looked fabulous in pictures. It didn't have the best staying power, but for the purpose I was using it for it worked for me perfectly. I have a tiny bit left of both colours, but they ended up being pushed to the side for my other inexpensive foundations I used day to day and unfortunately not getting used.

Recommendation? I would repurchase this foundation again as I loved the coverage and finish, but not until I make my way through a few more of the other foundations I have in my collection.

Do you have any relatively inexpensive conditioner recommendations for me? What products have you used up recently?
 
 keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment