Monday 22 June 2015

4 Style Splurges Worth The Investment

No comments:
 
In the past few years my wardrobe philosophy has changed pretty dramatically. While I'm still one to head first to inexpensive clothing stores like Target or H&M, I now understand the value in investing in a few key style pieces that can elevate the look of lower cost accessories and grow with your style throughout the seasons.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Before I choose to invest my hard earned cash into any material goods, I like to consider the cost per wear of the item in question. Even if it is expensive upfront, if it's something I could see myself using everyday or even once every other week, it often ends up being less expensive in the long run than many of the fast-fashion items I have bought and worn only a handful of times.

Day to Night Dress | If you don't already own a wrap dress, you're missing out on one of the easiest and most comfortable wardrobe staples! I once baulked at the price of a DVF version, but that all changed the first time I tried it on. I've said it before, but I swear the fabric and the cut of the dress make it so comfortable it's like hanging out in a robe all day long. A lower cut front and longer sleeves keep things sexy but classy for a dinner date, but can easily be paired with a camisole underneath for work. I found  my black 3/4 sleeve version at an outlet for less than half the price of the original so keep an eye out for sales!

The Everyday Bag | A simple, everyday, fits-everything bag that can hold up to a bit of a beating is an essential to me. The Le Pliage bags were ridiculously popular when I was in university, but after getting on myself I instantly saw why. The simple shape and size make them the perfect multi-taking bag for lugging around your laptop or files for work/school during the day, or fitting in all the necessities for a weekend away. The nylon fabric means it is waterproof and easy to clean (I just throw mine in the washing machine) and even with carrying around heavy items they hold up extremely well. I've had mine for over 4 years, and the only visible signs of wear and tear are on the bottom corners.

A Classic Coat | While the style of coat will depend much on the climate you're living in, a good quality, durable coat that can transition through multiple seasons is a great investment. I had always wanted a classic Burberry trench coat, but when I took into consideration that I spend most of the year freezing my tush off, the wool trench ended up making much more economical sense for my environment.Whether trench, leather or wool, timeless cuts and colours will stay in your wardrobe for years to come.

Cashmere Cardigan | Cashmere is an incredible fabric because it manages to be so thin yet so warm, making it perfect for transitioning into almost any season. In a neutral colour a simple cashmere cardi can be perfect for wearing all day in the winter, or out at night in the spring and summer without adding any bulk to your outfit. There are varying levels of quality and price, but if taken care of properly a 100% cashmere piece can stand the test of time and be one of the most versatile pieces in your wardrobe.

What fashion items do you choose to invest in?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment