Friday 10 April 2015

Trash Talk - March Empties

No comments:
 
Happy Friday! Today it's time once again to take a little look into my beauty trash and get the low-down on the products I'm actually finishing/tossing. Spoiler alert: this may read more like a favourites post because these are some of my holy grail products right here!

Covergirl Stay Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation | It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE this stuff. It's mattifying, medium-high coverage without feeling heavy, and it lasts all day long. I was literally scraping the bottle to get every last bit of product out, and was mixing with my moisturizer to create lighter, fresher coverage for weekend days.
Recommendation?  During the winter I did find it emphasized any dry patches I had so I wouldn't recommended it to anyone with dry skin, but normal-oily skins will love this stuff. Definite repurchase!

Coastal Scents Camo Quad | This has been my favourite concealer for covering up blemishes since university, but I'd had this particular one for waaay too long so it was time to toss. It's a drier creamy texture that gives great coverage, but blends like a dream and sets so it stays in place. I use Medium and love having all the colours to mix so I could use it no matter how tan I got. The white is great for highlighting the eyes!

Recommendation? I think this is a way under-hyped product. It's inexpensive (especially when you get it during a 50% off sale), multipurpose and really just great quality!

Marcelle Cleansing Water | I discovered this in the fall and did a full review comparing it to the super-popular Bioderma. I've been using it ever since! I've given bottles to my Mum and my Grandma, and even keep one in my gym bag. It's since been repackaged as their Micellar water, which comes in a different bottle, and I've even bought one of those just so I can refill the conveient packaging.

Recommendation? If you can find it, try it! I don't think you'll be disappointed. The only downside - as far as I know it's only available in store in Canada. It is available for US ordering online though!

Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara | Sadly, I finished up my last back-up of my HG mascara. This stuff gives me everything I'm looking for in a mascara - volume, darkness & a little length. I've realized recently what sets this one apart for me is not just the formula but the brush. It's a dense bristle brush, but unlike most similar mascara brushes, this one is smaller so it avoids the whole mascara-on-your-eyelid fiasco that comes with having smaller eyes.

Recommendation? This stuff is so cheap it's worth a try even if you're on the fence. Unfortunately it's not available in Canada, but on my next trip to the US you know I'll be stocking up!

I also finished up yet another bottle of the Garnier Gel-Cream for combo-oily skin, but I've talked about that enough that you can just go read my thoughts here if you're new!

Does anyone else find you tend to use up all your favourite stuff at once? What have you finished up recently?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment