Friday 6 February 2015

Trash Talk: January Empties

No comments:
 
It's about that time to clear out the first trash of the new year. If you're new around here, in these posts I go through all the products I've used up for the month or am ready to toss and give you my final thoughts on them. I've been using a ton of new products that I got over the holidays so there isn't a ton of stuff, but there is just something cathartic about being able to throw this stuff away so I thought I would give you my thoughts.
Let's just get past the regular first shall we? I love Batiste, you know I love Batiste, I go through this regularly. I will say that this scent used to be my favourite and now it's starting to be a little strong for my taste so next time I'll definitely be switching it up. Any recommendations from fellow Batiste fans?
Recommendation? You have to try it at least once.
Even though most people focus on using purple shampoo, I only use shampoo on my roots so I always make sure I have some sort of toning conditioner to make sure the ends of my hair are the same general tones. I think this John Frieda Tone Restoring Conditioner does pretty well in the toning department but it's just an average conditioner. If you prefer a light conditioner this may be for you, but I love a thick deep conditioning treatment for my long colour treated hair.

Recommendation? I'm not loyal to the brand in particular, but a purple conditioner is a must for my shower.
Speaking of deep conditioning treatments, I picked this Aussie 3-Minute Miracle Smooth Conditioning Treatment up while I was in Florida on vacation this summer because I was dealing with frizz and remembered loving the original version of this product in the past. It smells great, the packaging is super convenient for the shower, and it does provide a good amount of moisture for the $3 or $4 price tag. However, I think I've been ruined to all other deep conditioners, because I just couldn't wait to finish this up so I could repurchase my Macadamia Deep Repair Masque. 
Recommendation? If you're looking for something cheap and cheerful, definitely give this a go. I however, will not be repurchasing because it's worth it to me to spend a bit more for the best hair I've ever had.
I've had this Mint Julep scrub for almost as long as I had the mask to go with it. I bought it when I was dealing with oily skin and really loved it for a deep exfoliating scrub. Eventually I found it to be a little bit to harsh and scratchy for my face so I moved on to using it as a body exfoliator. It's not quite scrubby enough for my arms and legs, but I found it perfect for my more chest and back where my skin is more sensitive and acne prone.

Recommendation? If you are a fan of the St. Ives Apricot Scrub but find it to be too much for you, I think you'd probably love this, but if you have sensitive skin I'd stay away from using this on your face.

That's that for the first trash pile up of 2015 - what have you used up recently and what did you think of it in the end?
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment