Friday 16 January 2015

Round Up Review: Sephora Face Masks

No comments:
 
If you read my October empties post you'll know I was going on the hunt for a new face mask, so I was so excited when my Grandma got this Sephora Beauty Unmasked set for me as a Christmas gift! It comes with 4 dexluxe sample size masks all designed to focus on different areas. Even though it is no longer available to purchase as a set, I thought it would be helpful to give my thoughts on the masks individually.


Boscia Luminizing Black Mask
I had never heard of the Luminizing Black Mask before, but I was intrigued by the brand as well as the fact that it is a peel off formula. Those are so satisfying right? This mask has a thick sticky formula that is easy to spread on, but unless you lay it on THICK I found it really hard to peel off quickly. I feel like you would blow through a tube so quickly because of the amount of product you need to apply. I eventually got annoyed and would wash the rest off with water, and feel...absolutely no difference. I don't really have a problem with large pores or blackheads so maybe I'm not the target for this mask, but at $32 for 2.8 ox I will not be buying the full size.

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask
This Cucumber Gel Mask was an interesting one. It claims to detoxify, calm and hydrate dry irritated skin, which I was excited about because I've been getting some dry patches lately on my forehead and cheeks from icy wind burn and blasting car heat. It feels almost like you're putting on aloe vera gel and absorbs entirely into the skin, which I really like since it can be worn as a sleeping mask without making a mess. At first when I wash it off it doesn't feel like it's really done anything, but the next day my makeup application was smoother and I didn't have any dry patches on my forehead. This product is pretty pricy - $45 for 5 oz, but I would consider purchasing if I can't find anything else that gives me the same results.

Glam Glow Thirsty Mud Mask
The Thirsty Mud Mask was honestly the product I was most excited to try in this set. Everyone raves about these masks, and as I said I was dealing with some dry patches so I thought this would work wonders on those areas of my face. I'm both sad and glad (since this is such a pricy item - a whopping $70) that this just did not live up to the hype for me. The topical sunscreen smell is amazing, though very strong. It goes on super thick and doesn't ever fully absorb, leaving a slight tackiness to the surface of the skin. It feels great going on, but even though I tried it multiple times my dry patches just didn't diminish with use of this mask. I definitely suggest getting a sample before commiting to the price tag of this one!

Origins Clear Improvement Mask
Last but certainly not least, this Origins Charcoal Mask is a clay based formula, which has traditionally been my favourite, but I was a little concerned that it would dry out my face more and exentuate my dry patches. I'm excited to say that I think I've found my new favourite mask! This mask smoothes on easily and doesn't take forever to dry like some clay masks. Even after the first time I used it I couldn't believe how soft and smooth my skin felt after washing it off! Since then I've reached for it many times, and my skin always feels more refreshed and looks brighter when I use this product. Only time will tell really how well it does with preventing breakouts, but I love what it does for the texture and tone of my skin. At $25 for 3.4 oz I'm also happy I fell in love with the least expensive of the bunch! I will definitely be purchasing the full size.

What is your favourite face mask? Do you have any hydrating mask recommendations?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment