Wednesday 7 January 2015

2015: The Year Of...

No comments:
 
Last year I took a pretty focused approach on what I wanted my "goals" to look like. I'm the type of person who if faced with too broad or too long a list of tasks, will immediately go into overload and leave them all exactly where they started - on a piece of paper.
My focus of 2014 was "follow through" - working on keeping myself on track and not letting my unfocused brain flit from project to project without seeing them through to completion. I am honestly pretty proud of myself because I think I made some great strides with this in 2014. I've kept up this schedule of blogging 3 times a week for a year now, and that is something I never thought I would be able to accomplish a few years ago. Of course it's a constant journey (and let's be real often a struggle), but no one is perfect and I'm learning it's okay to give myself a pat on the back sometimes even if it seems like a small victory.

Following in the footsteps of my 2014 goal, I've decided to make this the year of time management. In my time focusing on follow-through, this was one area I realized could use some work to help the whole process run smoother. While I'm known for being an organized person at work, I tend to be a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants kind of person when it comes to the rest of life. I realize that this sometimes creates unnecessary stress, and I just know I can do better!
Since blogging does take up a lot of my free time, I decided to start there. I recieved this mini binder for Christmas, bought myself the Mama Miss 2015 Blog Planner, and have created a way for me to visually map out my plans for the coming weeks and months. That way when I have limited time (and daylight) on the weekends, I can still make sure I have all the elements I need to put together my posts. Hopefully this will help me streamline the process and leave me with more time in the evenings to work on other projects and spend quality time focusing on my friends and family!

Do you have any tips or tricks that help you effectively manage your time? I'll take all the advice I can get!

What are you trying to focus on this year?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment