Wednesday 22 October 2014

Sweater Weather

No comments:
 
A few weeks ago Alyssa asked me to do the Sweater Weather TAG, and since I've been super busy with work trips lately, I thought this would be the perfect time to put together this fun fall Q&A. Thanks Alyssa for unofficially tagging me!

Favorite candle scent?
I'm not a huge fan of the "traditional" fall scents, they're usually much too sweet or overpowering for me my tastes. My favourite warm and cozy candle smells like Moroccan Oil and is made by a local candle company, but like I mentioned in my September Favourites I recently found that B&BW Black Opal is the closest I've ever found to a similar scent!
Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
Tea, tea and more tea please.

What's the best fall memory you have?
This is so difficult! If I had to narrow it down to a set of memories, it would probably be heading up to my cottage for the Cranberry Festival almost every year since I was three. I love perusing the craft markets, eating all the fair food and visiting the petting zoo. And yes, I still visit the petting zoo. It's also the most beautiful time to see all the trees changing colour in the Muskoka area.

Which makeup trend do you prefer: dark lips or winged eyeliner? 
I love both, but I wear winged liner basically every day no matter the season so I'll go with dark lips just because it's something different. These are a few that I am rocking this year!

Best fragrance for fall?
I'm not a huge perfume person to be honest, mostly because I always forget (or in too much of a rush to remember) to put it on before leaving the house. I always keep Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb rollerball at my desk in case I feel like it's necessary.

Favorite Thanksgiving food?
We have already had Canadian Thanksgiving here, and is there really anything better than mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie?

What is autumn weather like where you live?
From September to mid-October it hovers in that beautiful not-too-cold-not-too-hot stage that is my absolute favourite to dress for, but as of now it's all wool coats, scarves and rain boots because it is cold and damp.

Most worn sweater?
In public? It would probably be this green wool cardigan that I found in the men's section of the thrift store over three years ago. It's warm, easy to wear and it's pretty cute for a grandpa sweater.
Must-have nail polish this fall?
I'm not going to lie, I've been rocking Essie's Bahama Mama all month long and I'm obsessed. Here are some of my other favourites for the season if you haven't seen them already.

Football games or jumping in leaf piles?
Well I'm not much for football, so process of elimination...

Skinny jeans or leggings?
Until I recently I would have said leggings all the way. Then I found the American Eagle jeggings and they changed everything. They're thicker than leggings but just as stretchy and comfortable, and they come in tall sizes. Hallelujah!

Combat boots or Uggs?
I don't own either so I'm just going to cheat and say riding boots.
Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
PSLs just taste like coffee to me and I don't drink coffee, but I've been eating these Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats for weeks now and I'm loving them!

Favorite fall TV show?
I don't really watch much live TV these days, but I was definitely most excited to see Homeland come back again. Tyler and I aren't watching until the season is over because we can't stand the cliffhangers week to week, so no spoilers please!

What song really gets you into the fall spirit?
This may sound strange but anything on Drake's Thank Me Later album really reminds me of homecoming which was always at the beginning of the fall semester. Say Something and Up All Night always give me major nostalgia and make me miss my beautiful roommates who are now spread out across the country. 
And that just about wraps it up for the Sweater Weather Tag, don't forget to check out Alyssa's vlog-style version! Now I'm curious, what song gets you in the fall spirit?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment