Wednesday 29 October 2014

Favourite Fall Accessories

No comments:
 
I know I'm not the only one whose favourite time of the year for fashion is Fall. Extreme temperatures don't give you much wiggle room for playing with your look, but the cool crisp morning and milder afternoons give Fall the perfect edge for focusing on layers and accessories. These are some of my favourite ways to top off an outfit for the fall season! I'm guessing you've seen many of these more than once over the last few month's outfit posts.
Headwear has been huge this year, and as someone who is almost permanently cold I have always embraced all the hats and headbands with open arms. Cloche hats, wide brim fedoras, berets, and knit headbands have been my go-tos.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of summer, but every year I wait with anticipation for the first day I can bust out my favourite boots again for Fall. Since the weather here can be pretty tempermental, rain boots are an absolute must. How cute are these cheveron ones? Short slouchy booties and riding boots are an everyday staple in my life as soon as September hits, and my favourite heel for wearing out at night is an oxford because the provide some much needed stability and can be danced in all night!
A little bit of jewelry always finishes off a look, and they are fantastic pieces for layer and dressing up simple outfits. Longer chains with geomentric or chunky pendants are great for under scarves to lengthen the appearance of your torso. Crystal statement pieces are my favourite because they pair well with all colours giving them a lot more milage. A bit of sparkle on your wrist is the perfect way to layer with your favourite watch.
Living in Toronto, outerwear is an absolutely essential component of dressing for the fall. Puffer vests have been all the rage this year, and until I found one with a slimer profile I was convinced they weren't for me. Now I have to stop myself from wearing it everyday! A timeless trench or anorak is perfect for those rainy fall days, and a wool coat with some military inspiration is my favourite alternative to the classic pea coat.
What is your favourite accessory for fall?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment