Wednesday 10 September 2014

5 Faves: Fall Polish Picks

No comments:
 
By now you all probably know I am a big nail polish fan. It's an easy and inexpensive way to accessorize for the season! You may have already read my picks for Summer, so it's about time to change things up and focus on some of the moodier colours for fall.

Revlon Plum Seduction {exact} | Sally Hanson Flirt {similar}
Sephora by OPI Metro Chic {similar/similar} | Orly Rage {exact} | Revlon Midnight Affair {exact}
If you're not ready to let go of your bright colours a "radiant orchid" shade is perfect to pull into the autumn. Revlon's Plum Seduction is a darker pinky-purple shade that is opaque in two coats and wears beautifully.  Moving closer to the darker end of the spectrum, Sephora's Metro Chic colour is always a go to for fall because of its dusty grey-purple tone. This colour is discontinued but both Area Gray by Sally Hansen and Formula X Bonded 2U will give you the same effect.

If you're a fan of dark nails but don't want to go all the way to black, deep burgundy and navy shades are my favourite ways to do dark. Sally Hansen's Flirt is still on their website but I haven't seen it in stores recently. Wine Stock from their gel formula line is probably what I will be trying out next since my bottle is due for replacement. Revlon's Midnight Affair is a classic deep navy with the tiniest bit of shimmer. Can't you see both of these looking beautiful with a matte top coat?

Finally, I am especially drawn to metallic tones during the Fall. Orly Rage is no stranger to this blog because it is my top pick for metallic polish. It is highly reflective, super opaque, and dries quickly, so it's my go to when I'm looking for a quick colour swap. You can see it in action here and here.

Do you change up your polish colours for fall? What are your top picks?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter
xoNadia

No comments:

Post a Comment