Monday 11 August 2014

Products I Regret Buying vol. 2

No comments:
 
Being a product junkie there will always be times when I buy things that I don't end up liking or using. As much as I like favourites posts, I think posts like these are equally as helpful. If you missed it, here is the first round of products I didn't get along with. Do you own any of these products and love them? Let me know how you use them! 
 
L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray has an amazing reputation among hairstylists and everyday users alike, so I decided to pick up a full size bottle a couple of years ago. Don't get me wrong, this hairspray does work, really well actually, but I just could not handle the smell. "Old lady perfume" is not a scent I generally go after, and the scent really does linger in your hair for hours. It now comes in unscented which I highly recommend!

Back when I was trying to hop on the nude lip bandwagon I purchased the Revlon Peach Petal lipgloss because it was being raved about as the best nude gloss in the drugstore. Super nudes never worked on me as hard as I tried so this hardly ever saw the light of day, and to be honest I didn't love the formula either. I know many people were sad to see this shade go, but I was definitely not one of them.

MAC Paradisco eyeshadow must have been some sort of impulse purchase because I can't even remember why I would have picked up this particular colour. While it is pretty in the pot, I haven't used it for years because it doesn't even have great pigmentation. I'm sure at this point you could find  a similar shade from a drugstore range and skip the price tag of a MAC shadow.
 
This one might be a bit controversial, but I really did not see what the big deal was about the NARS Pro Prime. It definitely does work, but I found the herbal eyeshadow primer from Palladio (found at Sally's) does the exact same thing for me at less than a third of the price.
 
Once upon a time I received a sample of Benefit's Benetint and I fell in love with it. Even before I had finished the sample, I rushed out to Sephora and shelled out $30+ for the full size product. Bad decision. The results of this product on the lips is pretty, but I just got over the messy and uncomfortable application - the brush seriously tickles my lips, who even knew that was possible? It was an expensive product that I just can't be bothered using on a regular basis.

What are some products you regret purchasing?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter

 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment