Monday 2 June 2014

Trash Talk - May Empties

No comments:
 
So long May, time to make room for the best month of the year, am I right? Not only is it my birthday month – June means the best possible weather, lighter traffic, and BBQs galore. I just can’t even wait. A new month means its time to root through my trash and see what I managed to finish up over the past month. Not a ton but let’s get into it.  


I got down to the very end of my beloved The Keys candle from Bath and Body Works this month. It smells beachy and wonderful and was a staple during the end of the super harsh winter to keep me in the spring mindset. I bought a backup of this that is waiting in the wings in case it got taken off the shelf, but it is still available as part of the destination themed candles at B&BW.


Remember when I talked about how much I dislike thick, sticky moisturizers? Well it is basically a miracle that this bad boy got finished because this Blueberry Body Butter from The Body Shop was probably the king of all the sticky body creams. When I decided I really just needed to finish it off I started using it as a kind of pre-treatment for the days I was self-tanning. I slathered it on an hour or two before I hopped in the shower and scrubbed it off, and my tan would be even and my legs would be super soft. I wouldn't buy it again just for this purpose, but I'll definitely try the method it forced me to use with other lotions!



This spot treatment was featured in my skin care routine post, and even though it is slightly expensive and hard to find in Canada I will probably always have a bottle of this on hand. The Mario Bedescu Drying Lotion is a two-phase spot treatment that seriously works at drying up white-heads overnight. It might not completely disappear with one use, but the size and appearance of the little buggers are visibly improved. It doesn't look glamorous, but it does its job!


The John Frieda Go Blonder range was something I originally bought when I was at uni, and was a little more budget strapped when it came to getting my hair done. In the process of clearing out all of my excess hair products I used up the Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo, and honestly I'm not sure if I used it frequently enough to see a difference. Either that - or it really doesn't do much. Either way I wouldn't repurchase.


That's all folks! Have you tried any of these products and had a different experience than mine?
P.S. Home girl could use some advice on how to make the Blogger scheduling function work -  why is it that my posts never seem to get out of the draft folder when I set the publish date/time? If you're a blogger, help would be appreciated!
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter


 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment