Monday 16 June 2014

Summer Hair Saviours

No comments:
 
Between the summer heat and humidity my dry, flat, naturally curly hair sometimes needs a little extra TLC to stick to the style that I want. Here are some of the products that have become staples in creating great summer hair days - with or without the heat styling.










I prep my hair to fight the humidity with John Frieda Frizz-Ease  Hydrating Conditioner - my absolute favourite for the summer not because I see visible results, but also because smells amazing. Once out of the shower I skip the towel and put my hair up in a t-shirt to help cut down on frizz.

Lately I've been testing out the Living Proof Full Thickening Cream and have been loving it! It can be used without heat styling for natural volume, and doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy. Finish off with the Alterna Kendi Oil to help speed up drying time and smooth down flyaways, and I'm ready to style.







My hair is naturally curly, so if I'm cooling it on the heat styling and going the natural route I love using a little bit of the Marc Anthony Curl Cream while my hair is still damp to help define my curls and keep the frizz at bay.

If I'm going the straight route, I love my L'Oreal Hot Straight styling cream. It is a heat protectant that also really helps to block out humidity and keep my hair from curling up throughout the day - even in damp conditions. I've been using this stuff consistently since high school and it's still one of my all-time favourites!







Like during any other time of the year, to keep my hairstyle going strong for days without shampooing I always use my Batiste Dry Shampoo. I've been testing out a bunch recently and still have to give it to Batiste as my absolute favourite.
If I find my hair is starting to look deflated and limp I use the Got2B Powderful volumizing powder to help boost it up a bit. Be warned: a little of this goes a long way, and it can make your hair feel a bit gritty, but I absolutely love it for being able to skip the backcombing!

What is your summer styling secret?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter


 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment