Monday 5 May 2014

Trash Talk - April Empties

No comments:
 
You guys, it's finally May - hallelujah! You may or may not have deduced from my posts over the winter, but the weather has a very definitive effect on my mood. May is really when things are starting to look up, so bring it on. The start of a new month also means a new pile of trash has accumulated- shall we?  



If you've read my post all about my lip balm obsession, you would have already seen this balm's counterpart featured there. I really do love the Fresh Sugar Lip Balm - nice smell/taste, good texture, real moisture - but $22 for lip balm? I don't know if I'll be able to stomach forking out the cash to pay for a full size.
Recommendation: If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket then I say go for it.
I have been trying out so many different dry shampoos recently, but I always have at least one bottle stocked away of Batiste. The Wild scent takes a little bit of getting used to, but I actually grew to love and and have just bought two more bottles. Sorry I'm not sorry.
Recommendation: If you're not opposed to more purfume-y, scents definitely give this one a try. It's still the same tried and true Batiste product I know and love.

I still have mixed feelings about Bioderma. It seems awfully expensive for a simple makeup remover. It's not great at removing longer wearing eye makeup, but I do really like it for the face. It's light and non-greasy feeling I'm thinking of trying out the L'Oreal version, but for now my makeup wipes seem to be getting done everything I need. 
Recommendation: Definitely worth trying it out, but don't expect life changing things from this product - it is just makeup remover after all.

The Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer is really a great product, good coverage for days when my Garnier Rollerball just isn't cutting it. But, has anyone else's packaging made it impossible to get all the product out? That just irks me. Reusing the sponge top for months also seemed a tad bit sketchy to me so I just pulled it off and applied the product with my fingers.
Recommendation: I'll be repurchasing with the hopes I just got a dud. If you have problems with your dark circles I would definitely suggest you give it a trial run!

Finally, my dearly beloved St. Ives Skin Renewing Body Lotion has bitten the dust - and that's a real accomplishment for someone who usually hates moisturizing anything but my face. It speaks volumes about the product that I've only had it for a few months and already blew through the whole bottle. I also use it for hand lotion because it moisturizes without leaving me feeling like I can't touch anything for 10 minutes.
Recommendation: If you are a fellow hater of sticky, never absorbing lotions I highly suggest you pick this one up.
  
Phew - well I'm glad I'm actually getting through products and not completely wasting my money, Anyone else with me?

keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter


 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment