Tuesday 20 May 2014

Let's Talk Tan

No comments:
 
After taking a couple of days off to enjoy the long weekend, it seems only appropriate to come back from the kickoff to summer with a post about getting that perfect golden glow - the sunless way. 

 
1. Buff away those dry skin patches with an exfoliating scrub that won't leave behind any sort of residue. I've recently been loving the Sugar Crush Scrub from Soap and Glory mostly because of the heavenly smell (think Coke with lime) but also because it gets the job done. Here is another scrub recommendation if you're looking for something a little less expensive.

2. Slap on your favourite self tanner using a tanning mitt for the best streak-free application. I personally find mousse formulas the easiest to work with - they're quick absorbing and provide an even natural-looking tan. I've been on the same bottle of St. Moriz for the past year and it's still going strong! As far as smells go - it's definitely there, but I have yet to find a body tanner where it isn't. I just suggest putting it on 15-30 minutes before bed and rinsing it off in the morning.

3. You guys, I have found the perfect product for getting the most natural sun-kissed glow on your face. The Clarins Radiance Plus Golden Glow Booster is a made to measure self tan serum that can be added to your daily face moisturizer. Genius! The results of this product have been amazing - it looks quite natural to start but you can build it up quickly by using both day and night.

4. To maintain your colour it's important to moisturize. For normal daily moisturizing I use either of these two lotions, but if I want to boost my colour a bit without having to go the whole nine yards I'll add a lotion with a gradual tanner to the mix. My favourite is the Moist Hemp Bronzing Lotion which I get from Sally's for under $10.
 
Are you a fan of the faux-tan?
 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter


 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment