Thursday 13 March 2014

The Beauty Blogger Tag

No comments:
 

I recently stumbled across this tag at Florence and Mary and thought today it would be fun to get a little more personal up in here. There were a ton of questions so let's just get to it.

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
I've had a curly mop since I was about 13, before that it was nearly pin straight. Hormones are weird.
 
 Just take a second to appreciate the outfits my mother used to make for us. So good.

2. What is your natural hair colour?
See above for the original, but now it has darkened to a dirty blonde in the summer and a delightful shade of medium mousey brown in the winter.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
My hair is precious to me, so I do not trust anyone but the professionals.

4. How often do you wash your hair?
Probably 2-3 times per week depending on how often I make it to the gym.. or if I’m going out on the weekends. Being a bottle blonde takes some sacrifices.

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
I suppose I change it up pretty often, you kind of have to if you’re trying to get away with washing only 2 times per week.


6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Why waste money on something I could easily do myelf?

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
My immediate answer would be “once a week” but in reality it’s probably closer to once every two weeks.

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
I usually do,  but for some reason this winter I’ve just been too lazy or too cold to leave my toes out of socks for the required amount of time.


9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
For an average work day I tend to only leave myself time for a 10-15 minute rush job. If I’m going out on the weekends I like to take my time, maybe 30-45 minutes, but I could pretty much stretch it out to however much time I have.
 

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Eyes, always. What’s the point of doing concealer and then giving yourself new shadows from fall-out? Efficiency people!

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
It all pretty much fits in a small three drawer unit on my bathroom counter, that’s pretty reasonable right? Hair products are another story…

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
 I think about it often, but execute very rarely. 

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
A typical day at the office: foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner and mascara. Days working from home: most likely nothing, maybe mascara and concealer.


14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone (or with family)?
See: “Days working from home”.


15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Depends on the type of skin day I’m having. I’m not opposed to going out without makeup, I just enjoy it!

16. How many high end products do you have?
I probably have more or less an equal amount of drugstore/high end, but I probably spend more on drugstore products in the long run because I’ll pick those up on a whim vs doing my research.

17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
Not enough.

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I decide on the fly, leaving a tornado of rejects in my wake and wishing I had the sense to do it the night before. Repeat daily.

 
19. How often do you change your handbag?
Almost never, if I do I am almost guaranteed to lose something.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I try to be in bed by 11 but if I get stuck in the YouTube time suck it might be closer to 12. My alarm gets snoozed about 3 times before I’m up between 7:15-7:30.

21. How often & when do you workout?
I try to do at least two times a week but we all know how it goes..My gym is right by my office so I go after work to skip the traffic.

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right.

23. How tall are you?
About 5ft 10.

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
I took French and Spanish in school, and recall a total of probably 4 sentences.

25. How many pets do you have?
None, the hole in my heart is ready for a puppy any day now.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
Every 1-2 days.

27. Do you read the comments posted blogs?
On my blog or other blogs? Well I guess it doesn’t really matter because the answer is yes to both.

28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I make shopping lists every so often.

29. How did you come up with your blog name?
It just kind of came to me, and I figured it wasn’t too subject specific so it wouldn’t limit my content. Plus, TVIB rhymes and that made me happy. 

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I have a Canon S5IS as featured here but I'm in the market for an upgrade. Recommendations?

31. How often do you clean your house?
Not enough, but I’m working on it okay!

32. What is your favourite colour?
Teal has been my favourite colour ever since my Grandma brought over this beaut in the 90’s, but any variety of blue or green is delightful.
 

33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I don’t really read magazines to be honest, all I see is advertising $$$. Blogs are my go to for beauty/fashion inspiration.

34. Do you swear?
Rarely.

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
After work I'm meeting up with my biffle (it's a thing, okay) for a much overdue night of food and girl talk.

Have you done any tags recently? Link them below!

 
keep up with me: bloglovin' | instagram | pinterest | twitter


 photo tvibsignature_zps27898c75.png

No comments:

Post a Comment